A.S. in Laser and Fiber Optic Technology* at Three Rivers Community College
*formerly Photonics Engineering Technology
The Laser and Fiber Optic Technology (LFOT) program at Three Rivers Community College was developed in 1997 under the guidance of a steering committee with members from southern New England's photonics-related companies. The goal was to meet industry's need for technicians trained in this new and fast-growing field. Today, the Industry Advisory Committee continues to guide the program to ensure the curriculum remains up-to-date.
Graduates of the LFOT associate degree program:
- install, troubleshoot, and repair systems that incorporate lasers and electro-optic devices,
- perform tests and measurements on electronic devices,
- operate laser systems and optical test and measurement instrumentation,
- fabricate and assemble components for laser electro-optic devices and
- communicate effectively with engineers, doctors, scientists, and production and sales personnel.
- work at companies such as Zygo, IPG Photonics, Coherent, Northrop-Grumman, and Trumpf
- transfer to four year programs at Central CT State University (Industrial Technology), Southern CT State University (Physics), and more.
|Dual degree in Electrical Engineering Technology||
For further information about the Laser and Fiber Optic Technology program, contact the Program Coordinator, Judy Donnelly at email@example.com
Back to Laser and Fiber Optic Home Page